Friday, January 16, 2015

Jamming Session: Journey of The Unworthy


The Three Stoner Masturbator



Its nothing new actually. This is an old footage of our jamming session. Hahahaha! I missed our old days.

In our 1st met, i met Ghaz Ahmad (guitarist) and Hanafi (drummer) jamming in the studio. They used to play in grunge band called Morphology. They also befriend with the "The-One-Who-Cannot-Be-Spoken-His-Name". Me too because at that time i trying to form a band. Then, after some conflict with "The-One-Who-Cannot-Be-Spoken-His-Name" we met at cendol stall and start talking. I remembered well when i showed my project to Ghaz Ahmad and ask his opinion about my project band with "The-One-Who-Cannot-Be-Spoken-His-Name", Ghaz Ahmad reply "That's was his rejected track for his band". I just.... WTF!!!!

They also are victims to this "The-One-Who-Cannot-Be-Spoken-His-Name" guy. Because the recording of their demo sounds more metal than grunge, and felt tricked the way "The-One-Who-Cannot-Be-Spoken-His-Name" asking how to sell the demo. So, when we talked, i pop-up an idea to form a band. A metal band. Since this two buddy are also used to listen some metal band, i started to show them some of my favorite band. They were shocked! Because those band are so awesome!

Then, without wasting time we get ready for jamming session. I asked them what they understand about METAL and express it in guitar and drums. So the session begins. The result are terrible! Hahahaha! Well, its our 1st time, then i start to guide them with some good references. After that, they explored more and more without asking. I can see their eyes. Shining bright craving for more!

Then, they started to compose a song. Our 1st song is "From Asylum With Terror" was a great success! Its catchy! Its a basic thrash metal. With lots of punk feel in it. I am impressed! They are blessed with talent. Then, they start to compose more song. "Athens's Night With Knife" and "Ghost Of" are another 2 successful track they ever made! Note: those 3 song are composed WITHOUT me. I just wrote the lyrics and sing it. And it fits well to my taste! Thats why i love them! Hahaha!

Then, i started to composing with them. Its officially my involvement in song writing. That track are "Moonlight Lunacy" took 1 month of pain and agony! The result are fucking hellyeargh mothefucker! Its a track filled with twisted faith and insanity. Its crazy time for us! Then they composed a song called "D.S.A.I", i changed the title to "Politic's Foul" because i dont want it looks too political. I dont care about politics but that track are powerful! And in respect to them writing that song. Then, we composing another track "Something Smell's Fishy". Pure Insane Fucking Speedy! Hahahaha!

A few month later we recorded our 1st demo "Dark Pleasure Of Imagination" with 5 tracks thats are intro, Athens's Night With Knife, Ghost Of, From Asylum With Terror, a cover song from Kreator titled Phobia and an outro. We recorded at Oxygen Studio, Bentong. Its sad that we are inexperience with recording thats lead to the sound that not fit with our preference. Oh well, what's done is done.

That demo opens our eyes to what we called SCENES! Hahaha! Our hometown are lack of metalhead. They're hiding! Hahahaha! So, using media sosial network we spread our very limited demo only in 50 copies only. I met lots of friends and band like Militant Attack, HereafteR, Au Revoir and many more (i mentioning this band because i always hanging, talking, chatting with them). They comment on our songs, giving advice and guidance, hang around and for our 1st time play live at KL THRASHED I in 2011 and they called us "THRASH KAMPUNG GILA BABI" (Village Thrash Maniac in English) because of the sound of that demo. Hahahahaha!!! And i met my mentor, my teacher, my best buddy, Matt of Militant Attack. He teach me how to blend with the scenes. He guide me how to be undeground properly! Hahahahahaha! Thanks Matt!! You will always my MENTOR! (I WILL TALK LATER ABOUT MATT AND OTHERS OF MY FRIEND IN NEXT ENTRY)

After that we hit the studio with our 1st EP "TASTE MY BLADE" consist Intro, Something Smells Fishy, Moonlight Lunacy, midtro, Politics Foul, Insaneeyah (rehersal), Krush N Kill (one shoot recording with instant/last minute idea), Outro and Hidden Track. This EP, also a disappointment to us. Its a failure in sound, guitar track are too crispy. Argh!! Fuck that, just metal!!

That's is the last from us. We are not split-up. We're just separated by our distances. Now i working at Johor, they still in Kuala Lipis, Pahang. My beloved obscured city... Once awhile i return to my village and met them, we hit the studio! Hahaha! And now, no more studio in our place. What a sad truth. So, the video i shared in this entry are our last jamming in 2014. Actually its our new song but... i hope one day this track will reach the light with a proper recording and lyrics.

Oh! Did i forgot to mention my band? Naaaaaaaaahhh.... its unworthy. Hahahaha!

No comments:

Post a Comment